Monday, September 7, 2009

"It's ok God, I Have it Covered"...

“It’s Ok God, I’ve Got it Covered”…

As I’m writing this, I can’t help but chuckle over the number of times my actions reflected this exact sentiment; “It’s ok God. I’ve got it covered.”
I had a personal track record of taking matters into my own hands. I often prayed God would lead me in the right direction, but truthfully I was choosing the direction I wanted to take. It’s not that I didn’t trust God. The truth is I placed more trust in what I could see than what I could not.
My life is a testimony of God placing us in situations which are beyond our capabilities. I do believe in most cases, we are exactly where God wants us to be. But God does have a track record of pulling people out of their comfort zone so that His purpose for our lives can be fulfilled.
I wasn’t supposed to be a Christian writer. I was supposed to be a CEO of a company, or better yet, have my own company. I was climbing the corporate ladder of success when suddenly, my situation changed. I was placed between a rock and a hard place, having to choose between integrity or profitability. After many sleepless nights, I knew I shouldn’t be praying, but obeying by doing what God would expect of me no matter what the cost. I chose integrity but that choice ended my career because I could no longer play the corporate game. I was now facing the question,

“What do I do now?”

God had another purpose for my life which differed greatly from my own. After finally surrendering my life over to Him, my prayer became, “God, help me to be what You need me to be.”
The lesson I learned is be careful what you pray for. By placing God first in our lives, He reveals through Scripture how often our actions go against His Ways. It’s no longer about conforming to the ways of the world, but transforming to the ways of Christ.
When we decide to relinquish our control over to Him, we begin trusting Him more than our own instincts. Placing our trust in God eliminates the desire of wanting to have all the answers. In fact, it’s a relief knowing that when my life seems out of control, God remains in control. Yet, if God knows our struggles even before they happen, why do we want to take matters into our own hands rather than giving it all to Him?
Surrendering control is not an easy thing, especially for people like me who naively believed I was in control. Now when I find myself facing uncertain times, I know one thing is certain. God is sovereign and no matter what, He has it covered.
If you find yourself facing uncertain times, God’s desire is to help you through it. Anything important to you is also important to Him. Daily prayer is the remedy for receiving peace even in the midst of a storm. The Bible says the only thing we need to fear is God. We should find great comfort in this because the one thing we should fear is the One who loves us most. God is the One who has it covered.

“Be still, and know that I am God.”
(Psalm 46:10)

2 comments:

  1. This is not only a common attitude but the most common action. God is not our "Go To" guy but our "last resort." We try to "handle" everything. Only when we have painted ourselves into a corner do we finally cry out to God...and the minute He starts to clear a path, we pat ourselves on the back and say, "Okay, God, that's enough. I've got it now." So without so much as a "by your leave," we take over.

    Why are we so surprised that doing the same thing results in another quagmire from which we find it impossible to extricate ourselves? Once again, we call on the Lord who is so loving and patient. Then we repeat the process again and again.

    We seem to have a deep seated need to continue to delude ourselves that we have some semblance of control even if the cost of this artificial situation is peace, joy, and all the fruits we so desire. When we finally "get it," when we finally accept that giving it to God is a privilege and a relief, when we finally acknowledge that our purpose is to further His kingdom, Jesus truly becomes the Lord of our life and our obedience is the response to the love, the grace, the mercy of our faithful Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright, I can't be silent anymore, that's it. Enough already. God is frikkin' awesome. He loves us without any stipulations. No matter what you do, he loves you. The dude is the coolest, most awesome friend you can ever have. It doesn't matter, ask him for anything, he'll give it to you as long as you truly believe. But here's the coolest catch he puts in it. You can't ask for money. That's right, you can't ask to be wealthy because that misguides you. Folks, just ask to be 'HAPPY'. That's all it takes. If you say money makes you happy then you're on the wrong side of the coin. I swear you can ask him anything and he'll grant it.

    Alright, enough of my proliferizing. I'm a certified hypnotherapist and psychologist. I finally hit a point where I can't keep in anymore. Time and time again, my patients are "cured" by a series of statements I ask them to do. I've done nothing, God steps in and heals those who truly believe.

    It's real, this evening, ask God to give you and your family peace of mind and pleasant dreams. Tomorrow, be amazed by what happens. Don't discount it. Trust me, money doesn't make it great, love, compassion, friendship and children make life worth living.

    I'm sure this will come across crazy but it's true. What have you got to lose by giving it a try. I'm not a religous zealot or any particular faith except someone who believes in God. That's it.

    God bless you because he loves you.

    BK

    ReplyDelete