Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Christmas Wish List

It's just a few days before Christmas and one can't help but look back at the year's accomplishments, struggles and memories. I truly couldn't come up with a single item I wanted this year, but I do have one thing that I so deeply desire to have 365 days a year.
"Seek the joy of the Lord in everything."

In my afflictions, I desire to seek the joy of the Lord
In my suffering, I desire to seek the joy of the Lord
In my quiet and still moments, I desire to seek the joy of the Lord
In times of uncertainty, I desire to seek the joy of the Lord
When facing persecution for my faith, I desire to seek the joy of the Lord
In my tears, I desire to seek the joy of the Lord
In my celebration, I desire to seek the joy of the Lord
In everything I do, I desire to seek the joy of the Lord

May each of us receive this same desire that only the Lord can give. Joy is not a moment of time but a spiritual blessing given for a lifetime.

May your Christmas and every day of the year be filled with the joy of the Lord.

"Do not grieve for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Nehemiah 8:10

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said! Reminds me of the verses from Philippians 4: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I love your blog about spiritual gifts, too - so important to remember to see our value through the eyes of God! Merry Christmas, Jen.

    ReplyDelete